Monday 20 October 2014

My First Lesson!

So, today I taught my first lesson! ...well I say 'I' but in truth, it was a joint effort from my partner and myself. I was super nervous about it before hand, was up all night worrying and felt sick right up until the point that it started. But as is always the way, it is never as bad as anticipated!

Myself and partner taught a maths lesson on subtraction using the SMART whiteboard and an APP on her touch screen computer. We played an interactive game in mixed ability groups to start with and then went off into ability groups to do the main task. 

We both received great feedback from our University tutor and the children all seemed to engage and enjoy themselves! So overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought and I am feeling much more confident about things. Onward and upwards!

Ciao! 
Jess xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment